How do I get my dachshund to stop his barking?Dachshund health problems should be taken cared of immediately. There can be so many factors why dogs will be experiencing some ailments and most of the time we are hit unprepared. Dealing with it quickly would lessen the problems you will be facing. As the saying goes, “Prevention is better than cure”, it goes so well also on dogs health.
Dachshund health problems are also experienced same as with human health problems. The main difference is that dogs don’t have the capability to tell what exactly they are feeling. Sadly they are suffering in silence, so when you see your dog being unusually inactive, address the problem immediately. It would be important that you know some of the symptoms that they are not in good health more ideally try to avoid having this symptoms of Dachshund health problems.
- Infections – Dogs are prone to a lot of infections and this can occur on difference part of their body like ears, eyes, skin and teeth. The main reason for these infections is bacteria. It is advisable to always keep your dog clean and well groomed to prevent these bacteria from building up in any part of the dog. Brushing their teeth, cleaning their eyes and brushing their hair should be done in a regular basis. You need to check your dog’s ear for red spots, excess moisture and swelling or dirt for this area is the most common place of bacteria build up.
- Allergies – Dogs can be allergic to something also same with humans. Flea allergy is by far the most common which can cause hot spots and eventually result in infections. Seek an expert’s medication for problem on allergies for they definitely know what is best for your buddy. This should be regularly done every month if you want to have your dog health and active.
- Diabetes – Dogs also have chances of getting diabetes the same as humans. Pancreatic issues triggered mainly by consumption of foods rich in sugar and fats are the main cause of this disease. To keep your dog away from diabetes, you need to control what the dog eats. You can ask a vet with regards to the best diet for your dog. Regular shots should be administered by a vet if your dog is diagnosed with diabetes.
- Arthritis and Dysplasia – Joint problems can also be experienced by your dog. Majority of the Pure breeds are observed with a history of health problems related to arthritis due to the structure of their joints. A regular visit to your vet would surely be good for your dog, also give your dog the necessary vitamins and minerals it needs.
- Obesity – Dogs that eat so much with not enough physical activities will surely gain the problem of obesity considered as common among dogs. The sad part with this problem is the fact that it is a deadly dog health problem. Being obese of a dog will not kill it, it’s the complications that comes due to being fat and some of these are heart tumors, heart failure, skin problems are liver diseases. To avoid this kind of Dachshund health problems, you simply have to watch the foods that your dog eats and make sure you always indulge it to regular exercise.
Dogs could never take care of its own; it is the owner’s responsibilities to keep your dog clean all the time for you not to be bothered by all those possible diseases. Dachshund health problemscan easily be address with proper knowledge. Aside from keeping your dog properly groomed make sure to visit your vet for possible problem that you definitely can’t determine for yourself.